This Post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure for legal jargon.
Don’t have a helper to wash your clothes and have technology like washing machines to do so?? COOL!!
Have a very cool washing machine but cannot keep it clean?? NOT SO COOL.
It is super easy to buy the latest technology to do your housework. I, like you even once imagined what if my house was robotic and could keep everything so crystal clean…
But let’s pop that imagination bubble and come back to reality for just sometime so you can read how I keep my front load washer clean and complete the laundry easily.
Here are some great tips and recipes that you can use to keep the exterior and interior parts of your front load washer clean and white. The best part…*drumroll please* All these ingredients can be easily found in your home or at your local supply store!
Step 1: Cleaning The Interior
Cleaning the interior of a washing machine is important as that’s where all the clothes get washed. Using baking soda and vinegar is the easiest way to keep the interior of your front load washer clean.
- 1 ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup baking soda
- A ½ cup of water
- Scrub sponge
- Take a small bowl and mix the baking soda and water together. This becomes your detergent for the wash.
- Now add this mixture to the detergent container of your washing machine and pour the vinegar into the drum.
- For your washing machine setting, put it on a normal load and set it to the hottest water.
- Close the door and start the machine as you do normally.
- After the process is complete take a clean scrub and rub around the opening of the washer to remove any molds and residue.
- And last, clean it with fresh water.
The above-mentioned recipe was for the interior of your front load. But what about your detergent tray? Yes, you do put detergent in that tray which acts as a cleanser but it gets dirty too.
Step 2: Cleaning The Detergent Tray
- Warm water
- Dish soap
- Clean cloth/sponge
- Remove the bleach dispenser, fabric dispenser and all other parts that can be removed from the detergent tray.
- Add a few drops of your regular dish soap into the water and soak your detergent tray and all its parts in it. Let it rest for ten minutes.
- Then one by one remove the parts and first wash them with water and clean them with a cloth or a sponge.
- Let all the parts dry naturally and assemble them together as before.
Step 3: For a very clear door seal and the exterior of the machine
The ingredients you will require are:
(Note: These ingredient measures are for a 7kg front load machine.)
- ½ cup liquid chlorine bleach
- A ¾ gallon of warm water
- All-purpose cleaner
- Clean cloth/sponge
How to do it:
- Mix the chlorine bleach and warm water in a bucket.
- Moisten the cloth and gently wipe the door seal.
- To prevent dew and moisture from settling down take a clean dry cloth and wipe the seal.
- Use the damp cloth or you can even take a fresh cloth and moisten it with the all-purpose cleaner and wipe the exterior of the machine.
To prevent your front load machine from getting damp and moist again repeat all these processes for your machine at least once a month. And if you use the machine more often and live in a humid place then you should try cleaning your washing machine twice in a month i.e once every 15 days.
Some Tips And Precautions:
Alfred Adler once said “ The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. “ A great life booster but won’t boost your washing machine. So here come some tips and precautions that will help your washing machine live longer not as much as Alfred Adler did but comparatively longer than other machines.
Your front loader completes all your stinky laundry in less than an hour which you would take at least three to do by hand. So why not return by doing a few good things for your machine every now and then.
1. Check and replace your water hoses: Water hoses should be replaced every three to four years depending upon the damage.
2. Placement: Make sure that there is a difference of at least 5-6 inches between the wall and the machine. This prevents the water hoses from kinking.
3. Level your machine equally: It is very important for your machine to be kept at an equal level. Many times the machine can ‘walk’ or fall during spinning if it is not leveled properly or is placed at the edge.
4. Dry your machine: Do not close your machine without letting it first dry. This will prevent the building up of moisture, dew or any kind of odor.
5. Measure it correctly: High Efficiency(HE) washers require a specific amount of detergent to be put in. The extra amount of detergent can lead to wear and tear of clothes and leave the soap residue or them.
6. Avoid overloading: Do not overload your machine with extra water. This can damage the various internal parts by making the load bulkier than required.
So follow the tips from this guide to keep your very cool washing machine very clean and make it last longer. Cool?